safari 3


Advertisement
Africa
April 23rd 2009
Published: April 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

its still raining in malawi...



We were glad to be leaving malawi soon. However we soon hit another road block - teh lake had flooded a whole part of the road so yet again we were waiting around for numerous hours for as the officials said 'rain to stop and road to dry up' - as if that was going to happen soon! after a few hours isaac clearly got bored and decided to go for it- turned out teh water wasnt that deep but coudl feel the pull of the river as we drove along the road crossing the flow!. The next stop was the capital (apparently madonna was there somewhere trying to adopt) we on the other hand were at the post office trying to send stuff home- which it turned out was more stressful than it was worth! So many people coming up to yuo asking to be paid for them to package it (which i needed) they kept running off because they didnt have bubble wrap etc had groups of people arguing over who was going to package it for me- meanwhile teh post office woman was looking annoyed because it was her home time in a few mins and i was holding her up! after a lot of shouting and confusion eventually got it wrapped and sent- its a miracle it arrived home will be even more of one if its in one piece- she looked like she was going to throw it about a bit becuase we held her up! We then set up camp, my group was cooking dinner which turned into a cheese sauce fight! random!.

The next day me and lucy managed to find a nandos- in malawi! things were looking up! That afternoon we left malawi- we walked over the border and teh sun came out- im not even joking! Spent the rest of teh afternoon driving and isaac ended up hacking a few more trees down at this next camp! The next few days was campsite to campsite- bbq sauce and cheese sandwhichs / last nights leftovers for lunch (me and luce were being cheap again!) The next campsite was in the capital, we spent one day stocking up on supplies for the houseboat- the remainder of that day was spent playing cricket (which apparently i was quite good at after origional being made out by a 5 year old chubby south african kid who just joined in our game !) we also played some FOOTBALL (not soccer as the aussies liek to think!) and some darts (Whichi didnt really get the rules so just threw it!) It was a good night although i had developed a very chesty cough.

The next day was spent travelling again- im pretty sure i must have peeed in nearly every bush in africa now- thats teh way the truck works-isaac stops in the middle of nowhere- usually in a place lacking trees/ bushes (thanks isaac!) and we have a guys and a gals side to pee! (incase you wanted to know!) Another hold up- this time we got stuck in some mud. after about an hour a digger eventually pulled us out- started getting used to all of these hold ups! Some of these roads were awful- sooo bumpy took about 4 hours to get 60km at one point!. That night we arrived at the houseboat and moved all our stuff on. The boat basically was ours for the next 3 days we got driven along the lakes whilst we did what we wanted!. Teh next day we spent jumping off teh top of the boat (fun until your bikini top comes offwhich for once didnt happen to me!) getting back on was even more of an effort! We spent the rest of the day fishing (or in my case attempting to) i was really quite bad but i tried then eventually gave up and sunbathed 😊 . That evening it was a bit of a party boat! we showed all the aussies how to play ring of fire (a card drinking game) it ended with a few on the floor a lot very drunk and my hair slightly burnt (apparntly it had been on fire at one point!) As you can imagine the next day was a quiet one- more fishing and relaxing. That night was a quiet one too! The next day we were off the boat and a loooong truck journey to livingstone!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb