Pass the tagine please


Advertisement
Africa
October 26th 2008
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A motorcyclists dreamA motorcyclists dreamA motorcyclists dream

The view from the top of the panoramic in Dades Gorge.
We added pictures to "There would be sand..." if you are interested. And on to the blog:

We were back on the road today for another four hour drive but with stops, it took more like nine. We stopped for a few hours to get some real coffee... It is the small blessings that we enjoy! Besides, I am sure that the coffee at the desert hotel is the same one that had me kissing the ceramic thrown.

We ducked into Ourzazate for a few hours to tour one of the oldest restored Kasbahs in the area. Our guide for the hour was a real treat and his english was amazing. It is interesting to come across a local with a British accent here in Morocco... He says that he practices his english using BBC world news. Go figure.

We thought of Randy while we were touring ECLA studios (I think that is what it is called) and couldn't help thinking how much he would have loved to have seen it. I mentioned it in one of the earlier blogs, but it is one of the three mail filming studios in the world. They have filmed the Kingdom of Heaven, The Passion of the Chist, Gladiators, Cleopatra, Moses, Romancing the Stone and many others. I took tons of pictures and we only wished that they would have had a gift shop so we could have bought Randy a few things. They had some large posters that I know he would have loved, but alas, not for sale.

I cannot even begin to describe how much better mom and I are feeling today. Mom is sick, sick, sick of Tagine! She maintains that she would rather have gum and water than eat anymore. Lucky for her, we didn't have to put that claim to the test, and rather, we found a Pizza place two doors down from our Riad. We have completely stuffed our faces to brim with weird Pizza. Tonight we didn't care if we looked like Canadian pigs, we wanted nothing more than a western meal. I will go back to happily eating Tagine after that, but mom on the other hand. Well, we know how she feels about that.

Our room is very cozy, but we are both a little homesick tonight. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that us chubzie
The way it isThe way it isThe way it is

We FINALLY got it Karyn, but it cost us!
white women can't go ten feet without having someone wink or wistle at us. Mom hasn't seemed to notice all the extra attention, I have been trying to tell her, but she is blistfully married. I on the other hand have noticed all of the winking and how often I hear the word "beautiful" in Arabic. And they think I don't know...

We enjoyed Dades Gorge and the service at the hotel was tremendous. The car ride had us captivated as the rock faces were everchanging with exhuberant colors and where shapely in stature. Mom is baffled that some of this area has not collapsed, as it looks although removing one pebble would send the rest cascading down on top of each other. It came as a big surprise to me that she slept like a rock that night. No pun intended.

We spend tomorrow touring around Marrakech and we will keep our eyes out for a snake charmer or two. I am sure that we will have filled our bags by the end of the day in the markets!

Well bon noui!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Ahh The AtlasAhh The Atlas
Ahh The Atlas

Beautiful. Plain and simple


Tot: 0.398s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb