Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and on.


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
October 23rd 2016
Published: October 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

After Kruger National Park we passed through the Botswana border and you would not have believed the hundreds of lorries queued up to cross. Everything is so slow! It is also very, very hot.



We went to Chobe National Park and went out on a day safari followed by a boat cruise on the Chobe river which I organised for a group of 14. Both events were superb and we had a good viewing of lions on safari.



Following that we crossed into Zimbabwe by coach to see Victoria Falls. That was a real whirlwind tour as we dropped our belongings at the Kingdom Hotel, jumped back on the coach to Victoria Falls ... which was spectacular ... and then went back to the hotel for half an hour. Next we were on an excellent sunset cruise on the Zambezi river before being whizzed off to a Boma meal. The next morning we were up at 5.30am to go on an elephant safari and then feed our elephants before going on an interactive lion session where we stroked and walked with 2 eleven month old lions who were brother and sister. Never dreamed I would ever have the opportunity to pet a lion.



From there we had a couple of hours to eat and relax at the hotel before being driven back to Chobe for one more night. Everyone was happily exhausted but it really does need to be a 2 night stopover at Victoria Falls.



Today we have driven 341 kms to Mahango and have been on another sunset cruise and seen lots of lovely birds and dozens of hippos ... Oh, and another couple of crocodiles.



After tonight's stopover we will be travelling into Etosha National Park for more wild animal experiences.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb