Extreme sports


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
August 1st 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Victoria Falls is amazing! It is really beautiful, the falls are huge and the spray from them is like really heavy rain, got absolutely drenched going to see them. While most of the truck were off on a suicide mission throwing themselves off the Zambezi Bridge, I went on an elephant back safari. It was fantastic, saw loads of animals really close up and fed the elephants and there was a 9 month old baby elephant walking along side with us. The next day I did a walk with lion cubs aged 8 months, they are gorgeous, have huge paws and skinny legs so they're a bit uncoordinated and fell over a lot when they were trying to climb up the tree stumps. They showed off loads and played around, and were happy not to try and eat us which meant we could get pretty close up for pictures. We are all filthy rich out here, the currency in Zim is so unstable they have stopped printing money and now have monopoly money style bearer cheques, and $ZIM 100,000 is 20 pence, so even though we only changed up $50 from American money, we were walking around with $ZIM20,000,000! The one and only time I will be a true millionaire.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb