White Water Rafting, Victoria falls, Zimbabwe


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
September 5th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Just beforeJust beforeJust before

This is when we got the hazards and safety talk
MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. What an awesome time we had. I took two of my college class mates, Natasha ans Dane, back to Zim with me for our vac. We decided to be adventourous and take on the mighty Zambezi river. White Water Rafting is a once in a life time experience. I definetely commend it to all you adrenaline junkies.

We started off at 7am, meet the crew, they explained all the hazards and safety procautions and then kitted up in life jackets, helmets and awes. Then took to the hectic hike down the gorge. Once at the bottom we got into the rafts and off we went. Rowing for 3 hours was strenuous! we capsizes once throughout the 19 rapids, very impressive!! When we did capsize it was an awful feeling, i popped up under the boat, dane swept off to the rocks and tash lost her shoes. But after all the fuss we got back in the boat and laughted it through until the end. Once at the 19th rapid, we got off and had to carry our awes, life jacket and helmets to the top of the very steep gorge. What a clime!! At the top awiting us was a lovely cold cooler box full of beverages as well as a much needed lunch.

Best experience ever, will defs do it again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

At the endAt the end
At the end

We were all buggard


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb