Last days in Vic Falls


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
July 27th 2010
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So what’s been happening over the last few days, I hear you ask??

Well not much, Kath and I have been spending very lazy days by the pool peppered with short walks to the supermarket or other shops. In retrospect 10 days in Vic Falls was probably a few days too many but it’s also kind of nice to get a good feel for the place and chat with same locals etc. Whenever we leave the rest camp we end up with a couple of guys approaching us trying sell carvings or any one of the ridiculous Zim notes in the billions and trillions of dollars, most of these guys have chosen “English” names for themselves….among the many that we’ve met there’s been Peter Pumpkin, Christopher Columbus, King George and Prince; all coming out with some pearler lines such as "I like the way you walk.......do you want an african boyfriend" or "My name is Peter Pumpkin Eater.....won't you come back to my village and watch me cook my pumpkins"....humour for young and old :-)

We made a trip across the border to Zambia or Zam as the locals call it, on Friday, quite strange to walk over a bridge and be in another country. The spray from the falls was really strong and it felt like it was raining as we walked along. There were a few people doing bungee jumps off the bridge so we watched them but decided that it definitely wasn't for us. As we walked up to the Zambian immigration building we saw 2 long distance buses loaded up trailers behind carrying god knows what - they were unpacking the whole bus and trailer for the customs guys to inspect, there were people and packages everywhere.

We spent the day in Livingstone wandering around and there w

Advertisement



27th July 2010

Ummmm....
Don't leave us hanging Trace!!! What happened in Livingstone???? Talk about a cliff hanger!
27th July 2010

Half a blog??
Hey Tracey, I feel a bit ripped off with this weeks episode of your adventure as I only got half of the blog by the looks of it? It finishes when you are spending the day in Livingstone. Maybe I am just too stupid to work it out? Anyway it is always nice to hear how you are going and it would be lovely to be you at the moment. Keep on having a blast and I will try to find the remainder of this message now.... TB xxx

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb