Johannesburg to Victoria Falls


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
September 25th 2019
Published: September 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Yet another early morning for our flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. (And they keep giving us wake up calls when we don't want them!).
A short flight then through the very long immigration process at Victoria Falls airport. (Think we were in the queue longer than we were in the air!) There were some traditional dancers outside when we finally exited.

In Victoria Falls, we are only 75km from the spot where the borders of four countries meet - Zimbabawe, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia. A short drive to the Victoria Falls Hotel, a beautiful old colonial hotel built in 1904 by the British, where we are staying for the last three nights of our trip.
A quick visit to our room (which you need a map to find) and then back on a bus to get to our Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River.
We were welcomed on board the boat with glasses of bubbly and then it was cocktails all round (drinks and snacks were included on the cruise, looked like a bunch of 18 year olds at schoolies when we got off!).
.Cruising up river, away from the falls, (with about 50 other boats), we came across a pod of hippos in the water and some baboons on the riverbsnk. Then we had a speaker, who gave an amazing talk about the life and explorations of David Livingstone. When he had finished it was all eyes (and cameras) on the sunset.
Dinner was at one of the hotel restaurants, Jungle Junction, with dancing by local tribes to entertain us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb