Zambia


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
September 7th 2006
Published: November 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Preparing lunch on the roadPreparing lunch on the roadPreparing lunch on the road

After a few days of doing this, the group operated like a well-oiled machine: setting up, preparing lunch, eating it all and packing up in about 30 minutes.
We apologise for the brevity of this blog, and in all honesty we wouldn't have bothered writing anything as we don't really have much to say about our time in Zambia. In fact, we're actually quite selfishly publishing this blog just to colour Zambia red on our map of countries we've blogged from.

Let us explain. In a previous conversation with Kurt and Mike (our American friends on the tour) we'd discussed at what point you can say you'd been to a country. Spending a few hours in an airport en route to somewhere else doesn't count. But if you stay a night in a country, then it does count. At the point of the discussion, Mike had been to 44 countries, I'd been to 27 and Kurt had been to 15. I think. Actually, at Bronson's insistence, I've tallied up using an Excel Spreadsheet (ever the perfectionist) how many countries we've actually been to, and it turns out I've been to 35 and Bronson to 30. Woo-hoo!

Basically our time in Zambia was spent almost entirely on the tour truck, making our way from Malawi to Zimbabwe. The most interesting time off the truck was in a campsite
Catching a few Z'sCatching a few Z'sCatching a few Z's

Our driver takes a nap while we're preparing lunch.
set in a reserve with wild animals wandering in and out at their leisure. This made our night time trips to the loo more adventurous than they would otherwise have been!

Anyway, that's the reason for this blog! We apologise to any Zambians we've insulted by not writing more, but we promise to spend more time in your beautiful country when we next visit Africa.

You can see the countries we've blogged from so far here. Our aim is to turn the whole world red!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Big animals in our campBig animals in our camp
Big animals in our camp

The male actually charged down one of the tour members but luckily was satisfied with Anan's arse on the ground and a broken camera, and didn't take it any further. Must be camera shy.
Moody buffaloMoody buffalo
Moody buffalo

Apparently buffalo charge at the slightest provocation (hence their inclusion in the Big 5), so this was as close as we dared get.
Bronson enjoys his sugar caneBronson enjoys his sugar cane
Bronson enjoys his sugar cane

This was one of his childhood memories, and was overjoyed to find some on sale.
SunlightSunlight
Sunlight

We found it so peaceful with the sunlight filtering through the trees, despite our slight concern with so many buffalo around.


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb