Leopard Kill Across the River From Wildlife Camp


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Northern
September 9th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -12.895, 31.9228

It is amazing some of things that happen around the wildlife camp. You can spend an entire day just sitting and watching the area right in front of us and across the river. There is always something going on. Sometimes it is just the ordinary behavior of the animals coming down for a drink of water, a cool refreshing splash in the river, or grazing along the bank.

But there are some days when it is more exciting than others such as when the elephants cross the river and come into camp or the lions are up taking a stroll down the bank in your view!

Robert went over to the reception to sign us up for another morning and evening game drive. When he got over there, he was told Retha was going to the airport in the morning so we could go with her and get our visas extended and get some money changed. So that meant we would go on our safaris the next day.

While he was there, some of the barmen and one of the safari drivers saw a leopard kill a impala just across the river. Robert was able to see the leopard as he climbed up the embankment after getting a drink of water. Conrad said while the leopard is eating it must drink a lot of water and we should look for the leopard to come down. We never saw the leopard again after he went up the bank but we did see the crocodiles heading up the embankment as though they were going to see if they could possibly get a bite to eat!




Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb