Here We Go and Here We Go Again


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Lusaka
May 31st 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Commissioning MassCommissioning MassCommissioning Mass

The Zambia 2012 team is sent forth with a blessing
We are down to the final hours. The Zambia 2012 group leaves tomorrow morning for Africa. The packing is mostly done. Because of the airline's restrictions on carry-on luggage we have had to add a couple of checked bags and make some decisions about personal items we thought we were going to bring that we will not. It is an interesting exercise to pay attention to what you choose to bring and what you leave behind. You can learn some things about yourself.

Six of our group have never been to Zambia before. Four are returning for the second time. So, here we go and here we go, again.

Our Commissioning took place at OLP on Sunday. That is what the picture is. We will also begin our journey with a mass tomorrow morning, then off to the airport. Then, it is almost 20 hours of travel time to get to Dubai, where we will have an overnight stay on our way to Zambia. Plenty of time for team building 😊 . Hopefully we can post from Dubai.

Don't forget to share your comments with us, too. We will not be able to check everyday and our updated schedule has us in the bush for a few days without Internet, but to the extent that we can stay connected, we want to and your comments will help.

We can hardly believe this day is actually here.

The Zambia 2012 Group

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb