Coming to you from Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 2nd 2012
Published: June 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The flight from Denver to LA was uneventful. The flight to Dubai was looong! The kids thought the airplane food was pretty good. We all sat together, except Ian, so we did a little shuttling. We had an unexpected stop in Vienna. A passenger got ill, a swollen throat or something, so they diverted the plane to Vienna to get her medical attention. We did not arrive in Dubai until 10:30 pm local time (instead of 7:30 p.m.). A 19 hour flight in all. By the time we ate and went to bed it was 12:30 a.m. So much for getting out to see Dubai. The lights as we were coming in to land were spectacular, however. All the designs they created that could be seen from the air. It was clearly no accident.

For some reason it was Sean and Evan's day to draw the attention of the luggage scanners. Wonder who it will be tomorrow? We will be in Lusaka by the afternoon...

The Zambia 2012 Trip

Advertisement



3rd June 2012

Glad you made it
Sounds like a slog, but the hard part is over!!
3rd June 2012

Welcome to ZAMBIA
I just heard from Brother Joseph that the group has arrived in Zambia! Have a wonderful and safe time. Work hard and greet all for me.
4th June 2012

So glad you're safe
Congratulations on making it. God bless your time there!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb