walking with lions in Livingstone,Zambia


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
August 5th 2012
Published: August 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in in Livingstone on the 30 th July. We were staying at one of the Protea hotels, big improvement on Chobe. Protea is a chain throughout Africa and when we go back again we will probably stay with these guys as the hotels are very modern and the service is very good.

Our first stop was the falls, they are really spectacular, even though they wernet at their fullest. got absolutely wet walking the track to get better views, but it was so hot that I was dry before got back to the car. it gets up to 50 degrees in the summer, which explains why the roads are so bumpy as the tarseal just melts. July is a good time to go, as temp very mild.

Deb got a poncho to protect the camera so she was nice and dry. Although we had a guide you dont really need one, you just need to catch a blue taxi out there. negotiate the rate with them first as they dont have metres.

We booked all our activities through the hotel when we arrived, the guy was very helpful. Also meant that transfers to the activities were included.

Next day was the highlight for both of us, we got to spend one hour walking with three unleashed lions in the bush, two white lions and one tawny one. The male lion was 22 months old and called Simba (original!!!!!!) The two girls were aged 22 months and the other 2 years. It was only Deb and myself so had them too ourselves. we would walk with them holdingntheir tails, very cool thing to do. It was amazing experience to be this close to three lions, and be able to pat them and walk right beside them.

After the lions we went for a ride on in a helicopter to get a better view of the falls, really great views and well worth the money.

That e

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb