End of the Camping Safari


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
October 28th 2007
Published: October 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone
We SURVIVED! The elephants on the Okovango didn't eat or trample us, the weather has been in the most part good to us, and we managed to survive the camping experience, although we wondered the other day when the skies opened up and it poured and poured! We had to take down the tents in the rain. IK!!
We are in Livingstone today and flying back to Jo'burg tomorrow. This morning we went over the Zimbabwe border from Zambia to view the falls from the Zim side. Well!!!!!!!The difference is like chalk and cheese! The Zam side is quite dry and fairly ordinary but the Zim side - (when we got there - only about 5 kms away, but we had to go through one hour of border formalities and $30 US pp and $15 US pp taxi to get across plus entry fee to Vic Falls Park ($20US pp)) - well it was worth it! The rainforest is like we remembered - and we got a steady fall of rain from the falls and the views were spectacular! We spent a couple of hours ther, then wlked up to the Victoria Falls Hotel and a grand old lady it is too! Very pleasant stay of an hour or so drinking coffees and beer on the terrace overlooking the bridge and the view of the mist rising off the falls.
The day before yesterday we were at hte Chobe National Park and went for a Sunset cruise along the Chobe River which runs into the Zambezi. The animals came out to perform for us - elephants, hippos, impala, waterbuck, warthog, water monitors and a wealth of birds of all kinds including fish eagles, ducks, plovers, vultures, bee eaters - not the same as ours in WA, pied kingfishers and lots more... Alll this at quite close quarters..
Now you are going to ask where are the photos - well - it's one of those technical problems!!
Roman found that the hard disc we were using to download the images has sprockets out and he's tried to fix them but has been unable to date. When he does, we will upload a stack! In the meantime, know we are safe, have not been eaten by lions or zimbabweans and are enjoying beautiful weather here in Zambia.
TThe previous weeks are too hard to catch up on right now - I need to go for a swim
Lots of love to all
Lucy and Roman

Advertisement



31st October 2007

Hello from Clayton View
Hi Lucy The kids say - stop teasing us with your adventures, some of us have work to do !!!!!!! (Glad you're having a good time - not much longer...) Kerry and the Hogwartians
7th November 2007

Photos
Still looking forward to seeing your photos, Lucy. Where are you now?

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb