Golden Monkey trek


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
June 28th 2014
Published: June 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

28 June: Kisoro

Our last full day in Uganda! Julie, Samantha and I decided to trek to see the Golden monkeys while the others decided to take a day off or play soccer with the local kids.

Julie, Samantha and I were up early as David, our driver said we would be picked up by 7 and he would be here for breakfast at 6:30 for us. We waited and waited and the staffed called him no luck. So we were thinking we might not have lunch until Mark and Emily woke up who had the other set of keys. We ended up being able to get into the truck to grab some food which we ate along the way. Again the road was very bumpy and it looked like never ending speedbumps. Our driver was great today though. We reached the park and got our guide and our gun man.

We then had a short briefing before heading off. Today's hike proved to be a lot nicer the the gorilla hike. It still had some fun up hills with steps but wasn't too bad. We went through the forest area and then reached the bamboo forest where
Sign I saw at our briefing for the golden monkeysSign I saw at our briefing for the golden monkeysSign I saw at our briefing for the golden monkeys

Interesting to know that there is one gorilla for every 9 million people
the golden monkeys life and eat. The trackers were in front of us and had spotted them. We ended up in the middle of a group about 40 in size. They were so much fun to watch play and eat. We tracked them through the area getting within about a meter or two of many of them. It was amazing! They are absolutely gorgeous. Along the way though. Samantha lost her lens cap to her camera so we all started to look. The gunman was amazing and after about fifteen minuets of searching, was found. We then hiked out and headed back to camp.

Back at camp, Samantha and I changed and went to he town area for food at the cup of coffee place. Was really nice and relaxing. Tonight is now just relaxing and enjoyment before driving to Rwanda tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb