Let’s make a change!!


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
January 15th 2011
Published: January 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We’ve been planning this trip for at least 3 months. First thinking where to go… Australia, South America, Asia, Africa… then to do what… travelling and sunbathing all time (ohh yeaaa), working or volunteering. We started from reading blogs, talking to friends and sending e-mails. And we got many responses – but only one that appeared to us as a challenge and a chance to make our dream come true – mine to engage in protection of human rights and Carl’s to go into the wild! By e-mail we met Julius – a founder of an organization from Jinja in Uganda that takes care of orphans, HIV positive kids, and gives them the opportunity to attend school. So by combining business with pleasure we decided to do as much as possible to help the organization to stand on its feet and then see the whole of East Africa – Ethiopia, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania… and who knows maybe even Madagascar? No time limits, no pressure, no specific aim! Or maybe just one – to cut off from all we’ve been taught and said about world and follow our own instincts.
Ewa

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb