Uganda, Africa


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
March 18th 2009
Published: May 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

From Eldoret we crossed the border to Uganda. The terrain here is steep but lush mountains. On our way to Kampala we passed an oil tanker upside down at the side of the road and on fire. Our dirver has seen quite a few of these before. We’ve seen some spectacular crashes in Africa, but this one has to top the list.

We didn’t really see much of Kampala except a shopping centre and our campsite. We did notice the traffic, though. This place rivals Dar es Salam for the title of Africa’s largest car park.

From Kampala we headed towards the Rwandan border. On the way we stopped at a place called Uganda Lodge. Proceeds from the lodge go to a local school to help school leavers find a job. We stopped here because Emma’s dad knows the main UK sponsor of this place. We stopped by the local school and dropped off some wallcharts and pens. The school wasn’t expecting us and seemed a bit surprised when we turned up. They seemed pleased with all the stuff, though.

Our drives through Uganda have given us a type of scenery not seen thus far in Africa. It’s all steep-sided hills and the cloud hangs in the valleys early in the mornings making the countryside look like a series of cloud lakes.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb