News From Uganda! - October 2008 Part Two - Music, Dance and Drama


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Western Region
October 7th 2008
Published: October 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The traditional music, dance and drama program was reintroduced this past term, under the very able direction of the Deputy Prinicpal, Rev. Caleb Twinamatsiko and his music department. The program was welcomed with such enthusiasm on the part of the students that it was almost overwhelmed by the number of students seeking to participate. What a time they had, and boy did they work hard in order to prepare for a competition for schools, sponsored by the Diocese of West Ankole. The competition was made up of several different parts, so there was someething for everyone. They would practise night and day, often late at night. I began to fear that by the time the day of competiton arrived they would be tired and their voices would be gone. But such was not the case, they shone wonderfully, and were awarded a trophy for 2nd Place! I was very proud of them! I was unable to be with them that day, so many of the photos were taken in the Principals yard, where everything was performed for me to see first hand. I'm now very much looking forward to see them perform at my "Service of Thanksgiving" in November, celebrating more than 10 years of ministry at Bishop McAllister College.
God Bless!
Paul


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb