News From Uganda! - October 2008 Part One - Principals Challenge!


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Western Region
October 6th 2008
Published: October 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear Friends,
Normally my greetings wold be coming from Uganda, but this time I'm writing from Canada where I have been for the past six weeks. I have been having a great visit! It has been wonderful to see everyone again and to update you all on the wonderful things God continues to do at Bishop McAllister College Kyogyera.
Just the same let me extend the greetings of all the staff and students back at the school who have been sending me many emails since my home, full of their greetings and best wishes for all of you.
While I have been busy these ends, 3rd term has begun back at the school and thngs are going well those ends. Senior Four (grade 11) and Senior Six (grade 13) students are ready to begin their national exams, plese keep them in your prayers.
We finished 2nd term very well, although it had been a very busy term. In addition to the usual activities, there was The Principals Annual 5km Challenge, Music, Dance and Drama Cometitions, and we were blessed with several wonderful visitors.
"PRINCIPALS 2ND ANNUAL 5 KM CHALLENGE"
This years Principals Challenge was once again a great success! After last years great start in attempting to challenge students (and staff) to become physically fit, we were back at in 2nd term. The "Challenge is for each class to compete with the Principal a 5 km race, and for at lest 50% of the class to finish before the Principal. This year there was a route change though. We moved from doing laps around the soccer field to a cross country route. The route was 5.6 km long, and included 7 very long and difficult hills. I wasn't sure if it would do me in before I competed with each of the classes,but I managed. to be honest though the route was very tough, especially for those who di not do any advance training. It was great fun for everyone, and very successful. It was also great for the Principal, not just in that it challenges me tt keep physically fit, but alos allows me to interact with the students in a way that is not always possible. It was also great fun!
With the final race complete, all that remained was the celebration. The cow was selected for roasting, the music was started and a wonderful evening with awards etc, was enjoyed by all!
Well folks that is all for the Principals Challenge news. I hope you enjoy this new formatt. Let me know if it works for you.
News from Uganda will be posted this time in three parts so there are two more instalments to be posted.
We appreciate all your prayers and support.
Please remember especially at this time all the "Candidates "(SAenior Four and Senior Six) who are preparing for national exams. Pray that they will have good health throughout, and be blessed with peace of mind!
You are also in our prayers.
God Bless!
Paul

Rev. Canon Paul Jeffries
Principal
Bishop McAllister College Kyogyera
Uganda



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



7th October 2008

Looking good!
Thanks for the new format all the pictures look great! Love having the news from you to share at our MU meetings. Blessings! Alice
7th October 2008

New Format
Thanks, Paul, for your news. The new format is very nice and I'm looking forward to the next two parts! We enjoyed your time with us at Stone Church very much and you are kept in our prayers. Jan

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb