Gorilla camp


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Jan 23 
Day 8
Today we had another 3 ish hour drive in a small, crampped, uncomfortable van to the Nkuringo gorrila camp site. The road was dirt cholk full of pot holes, rocks and landlides. We all looked like bobble heads because of the constant jerking and bumping around. We eventually made it up these treacherous dirt mountain roads and were warmly greeted at the camp site.  We got shown our rooms and then the camp grounds.  
The local town put a show on for us they sang and danced it was so touching. It started out ontop of a hill overlooking the valley and village below it was georgous but it started to rain so we had to run down the hill a little way to a large sheltered area where they continued the performance. It was such a touching magical experience I will try my best to explain it. Kids as young as 1 or 2 were smiling and dancing following suit by slightly older kids and even young adults. They looked so proud, happy, and egar to share their coultural roots with us it was very touching. They were all so beautiful and very graceful. They had better dance skills than most of us. They had a together song and dance we got the privilage to dance with them it was so cute. Anyway after that cultural expericne we had dinner a delicios pumpkin soup followed by a tasty spaghetti bologanase. After diner most of the group went off to bed but Paul Maydeena and I stayed up a bit to play some cards. 

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb