Murchison Falls NP


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Northern Region » Murchison Falls NP
July 14th 2012
Published: July 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Started the day early at 6:45 with breakfast followed by a long game drive through Murchison Falls NP where we got to see lots of animals and birds. No matter how many safaris I've been on, it's still quite wanderous to see all these various animals in the wild. We saw giraffe, water buck, Uganda's national symbols Ugandan Kob and crested cranes, along with elephants, buffalo, harte beest, baboons, vervet monkeys, hippos, wart hogs, and many many more including numerous birds, such as beeeaters, red bishops, and Abyssinian crested horn bills.

After lunch, we took a launch to the Murchison Falls on the Victoria Nile. The boat trip was about 3 hours long, and we got to see Nile crocs, more hippos and many birds including African Fish Eagles.

When the boat got to the falls, the seven of us were let out for a hike up the falls. We were met by a "guide" but he asked us to go ahead because he was waiting for another group and would be up shortly. Well, it took us an hour to finish the hike at the top of the falls, without any further sign of this supposed guide. This was in spite of taking lots of long stops for photo breaks at scenic view points. Our driver was at the top of the falls with the safari van as planned, so we left without any further need for that guide. We were all sweaty, knackered and ready for a hot shower. We all compromised with cold showers, because hot showers are only available while the sun is shining.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb