3 more countries down


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
November 6th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all in Uganda now just went and saw the new Samuel L Jackson film, its not good not knowin reviews for films as it was a load of pants. Not recommended.

So I will carry on were I left off last time, we left Stone town and got a minibus up to the North to stay at a beach resort called Nungwi, was a really nice place even though the double rooms had 3 double beds in them, a little random. Actually all the rooms had 3 double beds in them.
Was a really good time done a lot of scuba diving while there, and I am now a PADI Advanced diver which is cool, it basically means I can now dive and do more or less anythink now like deep sea diving, night diving and wreck diving, all of which are great fun to do.
Sadly didn see any big sharks when diving but did see thousands of fish, stingray and a sea turtle swam about a foot past my face that was definately my highlight of Zanzibar.
Luckily when leavin the island it was less eventful although the ferry is pretty funny in Tanzania as you had people doin a runnin jump to get on the ferry as it was pullin off.

After that we headed north and did the Ngorogoro crater and the serengheti which we stayed over in, that was really cool as you could hear lions and hyenas about in the darkness and we had buffalo in the camp the morning we woke up. Saw a lot of animals in the 2 days saw a cheetah in a tree, a lion in a tree and also a leopard in a tree, so all the big cats in trees which im guessin is pretty rare occurance. (Dun worry it wasn the same tree) Also saw thousands of wilderbeast, zebra and gazelles was really good.

After that we have continued on the trip into Rwanda which is a lovely country, you get children running out to wave at us as we pass, was really cool and you appreciate how lucky we all are.
Had a night in the capital Kigali was pretty cool, great view of the tin shack houses from our balcony as it went over a valley, also saw the genocide museum which was quite moving and black people dancing badly to bollywood songs, a little strange.

Headed over to the east on a Rwandan mini bus only nearly crashed a few times so quite a good driver, got to where I met back up with the truck and did our trek to the gorillas was sooo good had a 2hr treck into the mountains but well worth it, although did get a bit muddy in the old rainforest, but was less than a few meters away from gorillas they look so human like in their faces, truly amazing.
Also forgot to mention by this time we are only 50k away from the congo border where all the trouble was happening so made it a bit more exciting.

Anyway crossed over into Uganda and that’s were I am now we have had a few days chilling by Lake Bunyuni I fink it is called, the deepest lake in Uganda and 2nd in Africa was nice, now in the capital Kampala which is quite a cool city very African.

Anyway hope to write soon and mum I will be out of Uganda in about a week so will try and text you then, hope everyone is well.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb