Carthage & Sidu Bou Said


Advertisement
Tunisia's flag
Africa » Tunisia » Tunis
September 8th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to a yummy breakfast, pastries, breads, coffee etc. Went off to get our driver sorted for the rest of our travels around Tunisia after an eventful morning of trying to get money out of the teller machines. Then off to Carthage to see the ancient crumblies! Straight to the Antonine Baths on the Mediterranean Sea and then up to Byrsa Hill to see the Cathage Museum and Ancient Forum ruins. We then caught a taxi to Sidi Bou Said, which is a small village on the top of a hill overlooking the Sea. It is famous for its Whitewashed buildings and blue doors and fretwork on the windows. It was just as stunning as the pictures we had seen before arriving, we have taken so many photos of doors etc that we could publish a book on them! Back to Tunis for more wandering through the Medina, then ate at a restaurant overlooking the Place de la Victoire for people watching!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Punic MosaicsPunic Mosaics
Punic Mosaics

Beautiful Punic Mosaics inside the Carthage Museum
Antonine Baths, CarthageAntonine Baths, Carthage
Antonine Baths, Carthage

Built in the 2nd Century and were once the third largest in the Roman Empire.
Byrsa HillByrsa Hill
Byrsa Hill

Old Roman Forum a top Byrsa Hill where in Punic times housed a temple to the Carthagian God Eschmoun. Background building is L'Acropolium (1884 French)
Sidi Bou SaidSidi Bou Said
Sidi Bou Said

Picturesque Village of Sidi Bou Said, Tunisia
Sidi Bou SaidSidi Bou Said
Sidi Bou Said

Picturesque Sidi Bou Said with its Whitewashed building, windows with fretwork painted blue and fantastic ornate doors everywhere you look.
CafeCafe
Cafe

Cafe overlooking the Mediterranean, Sidi Bou Said


Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.2499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb