Seek and ye shall find....


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
September 2nd 2014
Published: September 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Another great safari day. We saw many many hippos as well as a few male lions and two females with tag along cubs. There are no giraffes in the crater but zebras, elephants, gazelles, wildebeest, pink flamingoes and wart hogs abound along with a plethora of fabulously coloured birds. We saw a pack of about 25 hyenas all after the same female (kinda like a Friday night at the club- lol) as well as many ostrich. And the prize goes to....the elusive rhino. When I prayed to see one, I guess I should have specified the proximity... more than 500 meters away, I was able to go to the maximum zoom on my camera to get him in my sights. There are only 25 of these armour bearing beasts in the crater area. Because they are considered endangered as a result of poaching, they are fiercely protected. Each one has a GPS tracking chip and their movement is monitored daily. If one leaves the crater boundary, the rangers track it down and returns it to where it will be safe.

It was a long day and we are leaving here tomorrow. One of the activities planned is dear to my heart but I am not sharing the plan tonight.

Mouahhhh

MnA


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

In the palm of his handIn the palm of his hand
In the palm of his hand

Are these really this small at birth?
Hide and seekHide and seek
Hide and seek

98, 99,100- ready or not you shall be caught
#5#5
#5

Gotcha!!!


Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb