Tanzania village in Nyakahanazi


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
June 30th 2014
Published: July 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

30 June: Kigali, Rwanda to Nyakahanazi, Tanzania

Was an early morning start to drive through the Rwandan capital, Kigall. We then crossed the boarder to Tanzania. While on the Tanzania side we were waiting for our visas, and while waiting, we ate our lunch in the construction zone. All the workers ended up coming over and watching us eat. I think there was about 100 workers. At one point, one of the construction workers had a fit. Our two nurses on our bus went to help. He was fine after a little while. After we cleaned up and our visas were ready to go, we continued our drive to the little village at Nyakahanazi guest house where we each had our own double room. Samantha and I ended up getting one with a squat toilet to ourselves which was nice. For the second night in a row, the place cooked our dinner for USAF rice, spinach, meet and some veggies.

Before dinner we had the girl from the hotel walk us around the village. Was interesting to seethe entire village. We went through the Main Street of shops and had many children following us and coming up to us to hold our hands. We went to see their school rooms where on one small wooden bench (fits about two of us comfortable) they fit three to four kids and have about 100 students per teacher. Such a struggle. We then ended up by a soccer field which was fun to watch them play.

After our dinner, Samantha and I went to bed early as we were both quite tired.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb