Travel blog A6


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the dominant religion in Tanzania and how does this faith differ from other world religion? What belief or idea make this religion unique?

www.africa.upenn.edu/NEH/treligion.htm

Tanzania has to major religion Muslims and Christians. .One third of Tanzania is Christian and the other 2/3 is Muslim. Islam was the first religion in Tanzania during the late medieval period.Both religion believe in one god. Christians believe the god and Jesus Christ. Muslims believe in Allah. The article talks about how Tanzanian have unique to name the religion according to their religion .The article also talk bout the other religion in the country like compare them to the major religion in Tanzania.

The article talks about how Tanzanian will name their children after the ancestor and also Christian and Islamic names. They beliefs are that the name reflect a relationship with the ancestral spirit. Also Tanzanian seek the help of spiritual healer and worship in case of illness or bad luck. A lot of Muslims lives in town along the Ruvuma river like the civilization we have been learning about. Tanzania have very unique religion and belief. I think their belief are very creative and I would love to learn more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb