Tanzania


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
September 16th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while since we were able to update this due to some pretty poor internet connections. We're now in Zimbabwe, but that will have to be written later!

we crossed into Tanzania and headed straight for Arusha in the north of the country, it's the nearest town to the Ngorongoro Crater National Park, where we went for a game drive and saw plenty of buffalo, giraffe and elephants. The next day we went to the Serengeti National Park, again there were plenty of animals, we saw Lions stalking prey, Elephant herds wandering the savannahs, Hippos swimming in the lakes and loads of other species. We then spent the night sleeping under the stars amongst some of the worlds most dangerous animals, fortunately there is no water at that part of the park and so it wasn't quite as dangerous! The next morning we were up early to see Elephant herds going for a morning stroll and more lions stalking prey. Then we saw the most awesome and gruesome of nature, a family of Cheetahs were shading under trees when they spotted a small pack of gazelle and Reedbuck (a deer), the cheetahs crept up for what seemed an eternity and then pounced from about 30 metres away, the killing was pretty brutal, we expected it to be over quickly but the reedbuck was screaming for a few minutes before it was finally strangled to death.

After leaving the Serengeti we headed to the capital, Dar es Salaam, it's a busy city, pretty dirty, and hassle is abundant, but the main purpose of being there was to go to the Zanzibar, which was a two and a half hour ferry away, we watched Home alone 4 on the ferry and then headed to the beaches, we spent three days there relaxing, diving, kayaking before going to Stone Town where we visited the old Slave market and wandered through the old city, we then had to head towards Malawi, but broke down on the way gettng the unexpected luxury of a hotel for a night!

We have to rush this post as our time is nearly out!

Will write more soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb