Richardson Short Report 2/17/08


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
February 17th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We hope and pray that all is well where you are and that this report find you safely in the fold of our Sheppard. It has been another week full of work, promises, blessings, and shidas (problems) as to be expected anywhere. On Monday I traveled back to Arusha to teach the second year students, and in the middle of class I received a call from John, who had received a call from Emmanuel in Machame. Emmanuel was one of the first converts and a Christian who was beginning to mature, and start teaching and preaching others. Last week he was out of town on business, and this week he returned with less than good news. He has lost his job in Machame, and will be moving to Babati along with his wife, Zetuni. Both of these wonderful Christians have been continually growing and strengthening the church there. Pray for Emmanuel and Zetuni as they start their new lives in Babati. Here is why God is so good. Emmanuel has some land and blocks and wants to start a church in his village called Magugu, just outside of Babati. In December, a young man by the name of Salvatory Simon, graduated from ACSOP and has returned to Babati to work with the church there. Now through Gods great providence, Salvatory will be able to help Emmanuel and Emmanuel will be able to help Salvatory, and out of what seemed to be less than good news, another church will hopefully be born.
But the story doesn't end there. After discussing with Emmanuel the possibility of helping him secure some resources, ie... bibles, song books, etc.. we continued a study with Asha, Zetuni's little sister. Later that day, both Asha and George, another student of Emmanuel's were both baptized into Christ. We returned on Thursday to take Emmanuel some resources and wish him "Safari Njema" (Safe journey), and to evangelize, where we were able to witness one other student put Christ on in baptism, named Kaphas. So the church in Machame has lost two, it has gained three, and another congregation will hopefully be meeting soon in Magugu.
Tuesday we returned to Masama, and conducted several more good studies in this area. The recipients in this area are well indoctrinated in to the life or culture of Lutheranism. All of life centers around those family and community ties. So while it is being well received, it will take some more concentrated studies and efforts in this village to see the fruit really begin to blossom. Wednesday we returned to Kibosho/Mweka where over 20 had gathered for our weekly study. We covered the topic of what is biblical faith, and began to discuss the church. Lord willing Christopher will continue that study this week. It is amazing to see the changes beginning to take hold here, and as the understanding increases, we are chasing less rabbits, and once converted, those in these classes will be well grounded in the faith. The church here meets in Emmanuel's (different from above) home, and is completely self reliant. This Emmanuel is a fruit from the Kilimanjaro Bible School.
Friday and Saturday I had to take some time to work on the house that we will be moving into next week. We had hire a local "fundi" who had assured us that he was a "technician of Painting". Well after one week, and a big head ache later, Julie and I have had to re-do 95% of the work ourselves. Such is the pleasures of life in Africa. We have had several of those experiences this week, and another local "Fundi" was making us some bed frames. Three bunk beds were what we were trying for, one bunk bed had a full size mattress on bottom and a twin on top, the other bunk beds were for all twin mattresses. But since we only measured 4 mattresses and not six. We ended up with one bunk bed and two single beds. My logic was that once you measured one mattress for a bunk bed, the measurement for the top is the same. But this particular fundi learned a different technique than was I was taught. Sometimes you just have to have a sense of humor, and let it go...Pray for us as we have to start fixing the plumbing next week.....
This upcoming week we hope to finish the repairs on the house and move, as well as welcome our first two arrivals as Kelly Brannum and Callie Donaldson will be arriving here in Tuesday. They will be here until the end of June. The following week, we have two more visitors that will just be here for one week, and then beginning in March we have two groups that are coming to work here, one of 13 and another of 6. We hope and pray that you will keep all of those traveling to and from here, as well as those of us who are here, in your prayers. We always have a busy week ahead, and value those who sacrifice so much for us to be here, and for those that come to help in person.
I want to close with a plea, with a promise, and with a blessing. Emmauel (2nd) has graduated form KBS and has started a church in his home. Salvatory has graduated from ACSOP and is working with a church in Babati. And I could name 50 more just like these two. Here is the plea, students need sponsors that will help them to be able to complete their biblical studies. Much like the many faithful we support in our schools in America, ie...Memphis, East Tennessee...etc....Would you consider supporting or helping to support a student in school? Or possible one student in each school? Here is the promise. Many of the men will return home and start working in evangelism and your fruit will be multiplied exponentially. And the blessing...knowing that there will be hundreds if not thousands that are in Heaven because you started with ONE. If you can help in anyway with any amount please don't hesitate to contact Ken UpChurch or Cy Stafford at the following email addresses: Ken at TZKUP@aol.com and Cy at Stafford@bol.co.tz
I know that they would love to hear from you.
We never want to forget to say how much we love each and everyone of you for all that you mean to the Kingdom and to us. From the Kensington Woods Elders and congregation, who have sponsored the over all work. The Northport Elders and congregation who oversee us, and who sacrifice tremendously to always ensure that we are taken care of. We are loved in abundance and are so grateful. We also want to mention Grandma's and Papa's who are sacrificing in their own special ways by the separation caused by their children's love for the lost in Tanzania. And so many other congregations and individuals who have partnered with us, and the work as a whole, and make this work what it is. To God be the Glory in all that is accomplished, you and I are but the tools in the Master's Hands. We hope and pray that you know how much you are loved by us, and that you all are continually offered up in prayer before God. We will labor till He comes, Looking forward to that Great Day were we are all joined together in Heaven forever.
With Love From Africa,
Brent and Julie and Family
011 255 783 087 090
www.tanzaniamissionreport.com
PO Box 1727
Arusha Tanzania, East Africa

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb