WHAT A DAY - KARUCO DEDICATION & INAUGURATION


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
October 30th 2017
Published: October 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

WHAT A DAY!
OCTOBER 29

(The power has been out in Kayanga so please forgive the radio silence.)

When 7,000 people show up for an event, you know something is going on! To encapsulate:

The KARUCO campus was decorated beautifully. EVERYONE seemed to be there. The music was lively, celebratory and colorful. The church service was beautiful and lasted the morning. The afternoon Inauguration was filled with speakers from all Partner groups, music and an expected visit from former President Kikwete (Friend of KARUCO).

*******
ETI put on its best garb and headed to KARUCO in the rain. Fortunately it sprinkled only in the morning and was overcast most of the day with intermittent sunshine.

We arrived as it sprinkled and sat under the decorated tent - me in the front row of International Partners alongside Kjell Bergh, and the Global Partners. Singing, dancing, drums and speeches filled our day. We have had days of no power so I will cut this short and upload photos so you can see.

An estimated 5,000 people were there (and 2,000 more outside the celebration arena). So much good happening. More coming later! (I want to get this uploaded while the uploading is good.)

IT WAS AWESOME, AMAZING and JOYFUL!

Stayed tuned.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb