Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar
September 4th 2006
Published: September 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, Suraj flew back Friday night and Manoj & Daxa flew to Zanzibar early Saturday morning. After our shortest flight ever (15 minutes) we reached Zanzibar Airport, picked up our luggage and were transported to La Gemma Del Resort which was about an hours drive away on the north side of the Island. This resort was fabulous. It was at a very good location, really nice beach, all the rooms on a hill overlooking the blue waters in the Indian Ocean. There was a little gym located in an open hut with a really nice ocean view. We had a nice lunch, dinner and breakfast and we spent sometime on the beach relaxing.

Next two nights were at Serena - Stone Town, Zanzibar. (Downtown Zanzibar) Very centrally located - right on the Indian Ocean. Our room was 30 feet away from the Ocean.

We did the Spice Tour for 3 hours and it was amazing - we saw the king of spices - Cloves - the way they are grown. We also saw the queen of spices - Cinnamon. It was really nice to see how all different spices grow eg. tumeric, ginger, pepper, cloves, cinnamon, and we also saw Jack Fruit, Bannanas, Papayas, Pineapple, Oranges, and of course coconuts.

The walking tour in Stone Town was quite amazing with all the narrow streets and old style architecture.

We also toured Joswani's National Park and saw red colobus monkeys at very close range because they are not very shy and very friendly. Zanzibar is the only place you find these monkeys. We had a walk through the dense forest where the water is only one foot below ground. We also saw the mangrove tress growing in the swamps. We saw very tinny frogs (about 2 mm. in size) in this forest.

Today we visted the Hindu Temple , Markets,and the Museum in Stone Town. Had Zanzibar Mix and Zanzibar Pizza (can you believe - pizza with no cheese on it) on the Ocean Front.

We have really enjoyed Zanzibar and would like to come back.

Next blog will be about our Safari in Tanzannia.

Kwaheri till then.

Advertisement



8th September 2006

Glad to hear you are having such a wonderful time! Wish we were in Zanzibar too! Enjoy the Safari- say hi to Firoz for us!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb