Safari in Tanzania


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Serengeti National Park
September 9th 2006
Published: September 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ElephantElephantElephant

Elephant in Lake Manyara
After leaving Zanzibar, we started our African Safari from Arusha. We flew from Zanzibar to Arusha in a really small aircraft - 20 passengers - no stewardess. We were sitting right inthe front seat and could see the pilots too. There was no closed cabin for them. At Arusha airport we had to walk out of the small plane inthe open field and walk towards the really small terminal building.

Our first stop was Lake Manyara National Park and we saw lots of baboons,giraffes, elephants, pelicans, and one cheetah (our driver had seen a cheetah in Lake Manyara National Park only for the second time in 10 years). At night we stayed at a beautiful hotel in the park.

We then travelled to Serengeti National Park and saw lots of elephants and giraffes and were lucky enough to see two lions only five feet away and also a leopard on a tree which had a caracass hanging near the leopard. We also saw a few cheetahs, more leopards and more lions and were also lucky enough to see a lioness strangling a warthog that she had just caught.

We then travelled to the Ngorongoro rim, stayed at a
LionessLionessLioness

Lioness with a warthog
beautiful hotel with a fantastic view of the crater and had a nice dinner. Next morning we travelled down to the crater and saw various lions (three lioness and three cubs - walking inbetween the 50 safari trucks that had gathered there). We also saw hyenas, elephants, giraffes, lots of buffaloes, ostriches, cranes. We also saw thousands of zebras and wild beasts and impalas and gazelles. Once again we were lucky enough to see the rhino - a rare ocassion in the crater. In summary we saw all the Big Five in the Safari.

We also hiked to the Munge Falls and saw the Olmoti Crater - it was quite a hike through fog, cold weather and could feel the low oxygen level when climbing up the Crater.

After a couple of more days in Arusha & Moshi we go to Dubai and then onwards to South India - Kerala. Stay tuned for our visit to Kerala.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb