Day 12 - Kisiwa House Hotel - Stone Town, Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar
September 24th 2011
Published: November 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 12 -

On our final day we were collected from Kasha by an amazing guide who introduced himself as Morgan Freeman - he actually did look and sound just like him hehe! He drove us to Stone Town telling us all about the history of Zanzibar on the way, it was really nice hearing such local knowledge and really funny when he kept slamming on his breaks to buy coconuts from the little stalls on the side of the road as he could sell them on for double the price in town - a real Del Boy character!

He arranged for one of his friends in town to meet us at the hotel to take us on a walking tour of Stone Town. This was amazing although possibly not the best idea to take Mr Malia out during the middle of the day - I think he actually melted at one point hehe!

Stone Town is the most fascinating place, it has such a mix of cultures with huge Arab influences alongside the Christian missionaries. We walked the entire length and breath of the old town, learning all about the history and visited the site of the old slave market which was incredibly moving and emotional.

After our afternoon out we went back to our room to pack up before heading out to the old English club for dinner and to watch the sunset. We were told it was the best place to watch the sunset and we weren't disappointed. The view was amazing and it was the most perfect end to our wonderful honeymoon - sat together on the balcony overlooking the ocean, with the dows sailing across the sun set and a glass of crisp white wine in hand.

We headed back to our beautiful hotel for our final night in Tanzania before getting up very early to fly back home to good old blighty :-)



We couldn't have had this magical experience without the help of all of you so thank you so much for giving us the chance to make memories that will last a lifetime xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb