Zanzibar - dream destination for many... (Photos uploaded!)


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar
May 19th 2007
Published: May 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

but maybe not for me.. maybe cos i've been to Lamu.. and frankly.. first impresion.. Lamu's much better.. Lamu's a quieter more serene town with only one car and hundreds of donkeys... and Zanzibar is very developed.. many cars, many big roads.. hell, you get to see a container port when you get off the ferry!

maybe that's becos i'm still in town.. going to do some diving around the waters nearby tomorrow.. and then will head up to Nungwi beach.. where many people go.. and where many people say the waters are simply beautiful... i'll be doing another dive around Mnemba Atoll (suposedly world famous).. and whee.. you can do drift diving there.. looking forward to that..

just recovered from a heavy bout of homesickness.. i guess when i'm travelling on the road and have nothing to do.. i just think a lot about home.. about my family. .and about my friends... and i'm really starting to miss them now... part of me can't wait for this tour to be over and i arrive in cape town and fly home.. i can imagine how happy.. and also how sad i'll be when i get on the plane to singapore on 25th June..

ok.. have to go for dinner now.. will update more on Zanzibar once i have more information and see more of the place to make a fair comparison to Lamu!

Cheers

UPDATE

Photos have been uploaded in this post for the island sights.. also included some of the photos that i've taken on the island for the 3 days i spent there to let readers have a good feel of how the island and town and places looks like.. diving and activities photos will be placed in the next post..


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Coconut tree on Nungwi beachCoconut tree on Nungwi beach
Coconut tree on Nungwi beach

Went to Nungwi with Phil and Julie after our day 2 of diving at Mnemba Atoll
My best dinner at StonetownMy best dinner at Stonetown
My best dinner at Stonetown

Had street food after taking the public lorry-bus back to Stonetown from Phil&Julie's hotel.. octopus cooked in some local soup.. very nice.. 100tsh per piece
Also very good foodAlso very good food
Also very good food

Cooked (boiled?) octopus and soft shell.. 100/piece as well.. very yummy with their chilli sauce..
Stonetown's alleyways at nightStonetown's alleyways at night
Stonetown's alleyways at night

Got lost trying to navigate through the alleyways back to me hostel... haha.. but friendly locals helped me..
Kipepeo CampsiteKipepeo Campsite
Kipepeo Campsite

where we stayed at Dar Es Salaam before and after Zanzibar.. nice beach..


19th May 2007

Make the Best out of this Moment
Your mummy will weep if she read this : ) Your family and frens will always be here... As much as you miss home, I'm sure all of us miss your presence too... you are not forgotten! Out with them watching soccer and yeah... I'll miss this lot of company in future... when u, mel, adrian, GR, Bernard, ying are all out of town... Make the best out of this trip... Soon you will miss the trip too : )

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb