I'm Not Going to Cook It But I'll Order It From Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Nungwi
February 9th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our apologies for not getting a post up sooner. We spent the last week on the island of Zanzibar and then safari'ing through the Maasai Mara. In this post I've included pictures from our island vacation. We rented a bungalow on a pristine sandy beach for about $35 US dollars a night, and spent our days snorkeling, getting sun burned, and being lazy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Beach HouseBeach House
Beach House

Here's the view from above our beach bungalow. The accomodations here were considerably nicer. There was a large collection of folks from all over the world, many of them in man thongs. Needless to say, we met some pretty cool people.
Stone TownStone Town
Stone Town

This is a scene from our first night spent in Stone Town. This is the main city on Zanzibar and a world heritage site, famous for its stone architecture, unfortunate history involving the slave trade, and all together weirdness. My main memory involves waking up at night to find my bed infested with tiny little mayfly maggots.
SlickSlick
Slick

We went snorkeling and got to wear these sweet body suits. They feel particularly good on sun-burned skin. The snorkeling was fantastic and afforded us the chance to see all kinds of feeshes including dolphins and a jaguar shark which nearly ate Sarah. I will find this jaguar shark and challenge it to a fight the next time I'm in the ocean.
AmigosAmigos
Amigos

These are some of our friends we've made on this trip and during our time in Kenya. As can be expected with medical people they are all very smart and are all very strange.


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb