Tancan 2013 Medical Mission


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » South » Songea
August 27th 2013
Published: November 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday August 27th- Wednesday, August 28th, 2013



Ruaha National Park Safari….







Its Safari time! The Tancan 2013 group took two safari vehicles to Ruaha National Park. Seven of us traveled with tour guide Eddie while the rest of the group traveled with tour guide Jacintha. We saw numerous elephants, giraffe, zebras, impala and kudus and learned about their mating habits and way of life. The safari vehicles went up and down through the bush as we searched for hidden animals. At one point the other group’s vehicle got stuck while searching for a leopard. We missed spotting the leopard that time but later on in the day we came across it lying under a tree. It was not keen on getting its picture taken and slowly walked away. I felt like a paparazzi, taking pictures and videos of a star who wanted to be left alone.







We also came across a male lion. Eddie said that this male lion was particularly vicious because it had been hunted by poachers and would attack humans. So we maintained our distance.







The next day, Renata and I travelled with the other tour guide Jacintha to get another perspective. The highlight of the day was getting to see watoto simbas (baby lions). We also witnessed the end of a lion kill and an ostrich running away.







When we headed back to the camp, we saw elephants and warthogs by the watering hole and monkeys having a picnic or business meeting outside our tented camp. We heard stories of lions roaming around in the night and one of the Maasai pointed at a lion footprint outside our tented camp.







Tomorrow, we will be going on a walking tour and visit a Maasai home. Until then!


Additional photos below
Photos: 89, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb