Tancan 2013 Medical Mission


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » South » Songea
August 26th 2013
Published: November 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Monday August 26th, 2013



Bus ride to Iringa…..







Today was a long bus ride from Mbangamao to Iringa. We did not have the luxurious coach we had for our first road trip from Dar Saleem to Songea. However, it got us from point A to point B. We first arrived in Songea, where we met the sisters for the last time and took any of remaining luggage stored at the clinic. We also said goodbye to Shirley, Virgil, Martha, Elizabeth and Suzanna, who were leaving us. Shirley and Virgil were going to Kenya to meet other sponsor children from their parish and Martha and Elizabeth were going onward to Kenya to go back to work at the Chalice office in Kenya. Suzanna was going back to Dar Saleem, where she works in a CIDA organization.







Then we were on the road again. We stopped at the Neema craft shop, in Iringa on the way. They have a lot of Tanzanian crafts made by handicapped people. We changed buses and took a luxury coach from the craft shop to our Safari lodging (Tandala tented camps) in Ruaha National Park.





We arrived late around 9:00 p.m. The Maasai took us to our rooms where we placed our luggage and then we headed off for dinner. The food at Tandala was the best we had for our Tanzanian journey. The soup was delicious and much appreciated. After dinner we headed off to our tented camp. The lodging was definitely the best we stayed at during our trip and I couldn’t wait to take a hot shower the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.102s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb