Friday, March 20, 2009


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Maji Ya Chai
April 9th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Singing Bible songs. 35 secs
2: Singing 2 34 secs
3: Kid's singing 15 secs
4: Kids singing 3 32 secs
5: Kid's singing 30 secs
Mount MeruMount MeruMount Meru

And the outhouses!
Friday, March 20, 2009:
Another day at Maji Ya Chai! This work is so awesome, it does tire you out though.
We went back to the Muslim's house, with Rod and Emmanuel. When we get there he has a friend with him. And he tells us he is going to take us to another friend's house. My first reaction was great!, until I thought that he might be taking us to someone who is very radical....but he didn't. He took us to this young lady's house (his girlfriend maybe). She was very beautiful. She was Muslim, too. So we had another Bible study about the steps of salvation.
You know, you study with some very interesting people! For example: Rod studied with Masai warriors. Brad studied with some men who worked in mines. And a large majority of the people have AIDS and are dying from it. The life expectancy is early 50's. That's tragic, but it really pushes you on that they need to hear the gospel.
After that, Mom and I went with William, the preacher, and he interpreted for us at the lady's house that we had studied with Wednesday. Then we met with Paulina, Lauren and Maddie at Moniqua's house for another Bible study about the Church.
That afternoon, there was a men's class in front of the church building, a lady's class inside the church building and a kid's class behind the church building. At first, we sang all the songs (I'm beginning to pick up on a few of them) and then we took the kids and taught them a new game: Red Rover!
As more kids joined, our numbers climbed to 38 children! I had a book on Joseph's coat of many colors. We decided to have another impromptu play about Joseph. Paulina was translating, I was the narrator. We borrowed a khanga from Jane. Maddie was Joseph with the colorful coat. Lauren was Jacob and the Pharaoh, and Lauren and I played Joseph's brother and the traders. It was absolutely hilarious!!!We couldn't help laughing at our silly acting, Paulina started laughing and that even made the kids laugh. Before class, we dug up a lot of grass, cut it and tied twine around it so it looked like little bundles of wheat for the kids. You know, for Joseph's dream, and for the famine.
I followed the kids outside after they left. I said "Ninakupenda"(That means "I Love You") to one of them and she gave me a hug. Then all these kids just tackled me in a hug. It was so special!!!!
That night we had supper at Sean and Anita Hochdorf's house. In addition to our meal they served us daga (duh-gau), which is a miniscule fish and cassava (tasted kind of like fried potatoes). For an experience. I bravely tried it!
That day we had 2 more Masai baptisms!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Tying bundles of grass.Tying bundles of grass.
Tying bundles of grass.

It's supposed to be bundles of wheat, for Joseph's dream!!
DagaDaga
Daga

An African fish. Definitely....interesting!
HmmmmmHmmmmm
Hmmmmm

We all tried it!


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb