Elly & Neema's New Baby Girl


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
August 21st 2007
Published: August 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Elineema "Pumpkin"Elineema "Pumpkin"Elineema "Pumpkin"

Brent's already nicknamed her...
Born August 21st, 2007 ~ Elineema Martin

Most of you know and love Elly & Neema Martin just as we do, they are more like family than friends to all of us living and working in Tanzania. We've been waiting for a call for some time now, we were just out at their house Saturday and she had no idea when the baby would arrive or what she would name it. Neema went into labor early Tuesday morning and we after dealing with the hospital on our own for other reasons, made the drive down to Arusha to see their beautiful baby girl. She weighed around 8 pounds.. they gave us the weight in kiliograms, but I'm not the greatest at converting that to pounds, so we estimated around 8lbs. Healthy, strong and just as sweet as can be. Margret & Agnes were there making sure she had food for dinner(the hospitals here do not feed the patients) and we brought her some onsies, diapers and blankets... We laughed at Neema not knowing how to use Pampers... because shes always used wash clothes and nappies...

They decided on naming their last child after the two of their names
Proud parentsProud parentsProud parents

Elly & Neema Martin
together, which combined means "God's Grace" Elineema (pronounced Elly-Neema) However, Brent decided to go ahead and give her a nickname right off the bat since she is so round and sweet, he called her "pumpkin"

Hope you enjoy the pictures. Keep this sweet family in your prayers as they head home with their new little bundle this afternoon.

Love Julie


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Neema said I could be the adopted aunt....Neema said I could be the adopted aunt....
Neema said I could be the adopted aunt....

But I have already forgotten how to say that in swahili...


26th September 2007

What a beautiful baby! Neema looks so beautiful, too! I miss you guys!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb