Kilimanjaro Trekking


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha » Arusha City
February 20th 2020
Published: February 20th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Kilimanjaro Trekking-The majestic Mount Kilimanjaro is an inactive strato-volcano in northern Tanzania, touching the border with Kenya. Standing at 5,895 meters (19,340 feet) above the sea level, Kilimanjaro is Africa’s highest peak and the world’s highest free-standing snow-covered dormant volcano. Nearly 75,000 people climb Kilimanjaro every year so it is not the most untouched mountain, nor is it the toughest to trek. However, it is certainly a test of one’s endurance and determination, with altitude sickness being the main reason for the hikers not to summit.

For many mountaineering is a sport, a hobby or a profession of walking, hiking, backpacking and climbing mountains.

Various parks of Tanzania offer many hiking options for the enthusiastic explorer. The most frequent expeditions are obviously to Kilimanjaro Trekking, Ol Donyo Lengai and Mt. Meru. It is recommended to take things slowly and allow your body to acclimatize especially when climbing at higher altitudes.

The mountains of Tanzania vary in height, location, climate etc. Kilimanjaro, being the highest mountain in Africa has attracted the attention of many climbers from around the globe. Then Mount Meru (4566m.) and Ol Donyo Lengai (active volcano) are also popular among climbers. Every mountain has its own uniqueness and own beauty.

Every mountain is unique and different from each other, so this makes it important to be well familiar before deciding which one to climb. In Tanzania, most climbers opt for Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru. Mt Kilimanjaro, famously known as the “Roof of Africa”, stands almost 6000 meters above sea level and a wonderful mountain to explore the unique flora and fauna of the untouched rainforests. So if you want to experience the wonders of the beautiful mountain, then trekking is the best way

There are six routes to summit the peak such as Shira Route, Umbwe Route, Machame Route, Marangu Route, Rongai Route and Lemosho Route. Each route has its own pros and cons. Some are great for beautiful scenery, some are great for acclimatization and some are great for high summit success rates but are also quite crowded at certain times of the year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb