Swearing in


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Morogoro
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear Bloggies, Well, we are now officially sworn-in Peace Corps volunteers and we are so excited! Yesterday was the BIG day with lots of pomp & circumstance to accompany us sing both national anthems. Many dignitaries were on hand with speeches of hope, encouragement, and thanks for service yet to be done. All 46 of us were very proud! We did a comical skit put to music from the theme from the Titanic with humor that only we and our host families could appreciate...add some interpretative dance, flute solo, and we did our version of High School Musical with a real flair. We all wore wonderfully woven African fabric in assorted styles and matched our host family. It was a grand day for all! We had a TZ banquet, more speeches, and sad farewells as we left Kilosa. Leaving in shifts according to site location, we began to depart...via bus, white land cruisers, and whatever it takes to move us throughout the country. For some it will be a two day journey before reaching each site. Tonight we are in Morogoro to drop off 2 volunteers and then we proceed north to Lushoto. We will meet with the local officials of each district and village who will help us get situated into our new villages and with our new friends. It certainly is the day we have worked hard to get to...and here it is! We will give details in our next blog about the surroundings and hopefully pictures. We appreciate all the support and prayers you have given us thus far...please don't stop now. Love from Dave & Wendy, PCVs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb