Books and Flexibility


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Lushoto
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear Blog Readers, And if you can read this you know who to thank...a teacher. How can you teach or learn without books! The library project has the OK and smiles of the headmaster and teachers, so begin to collect and send BOOKS...any type, subject. I think if everyone reading this blog would send whatever would fit into a bubble mailer or small box marked SCHOOL SUPPLIES to the following address
Mtumbi Secondary School
P.O. Box 131
Lushoto,
Tanga, Tanzania
East Africa
we would have enough to put a book in every students hands. The teachers wanted classroom reference books in all subjects Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) all being taught without a lab, History, but also fiction and non=fiction, magazines like Scientific American, National Geographic, etc., Sports, dictionaries, anything. These students are like our high schools, ages 14-18 and are being taught in English, but their English is a second language for them and they have a need for some books in easier language. If I get any that are too childish, I give them to the primary school. So, dont worry about that. There are currently 326 students with 180 more coming in Jan09, so maybe you should also tell your friends and neighbors, and any book lovers and readers that you know. I know you will help me make this happen. We will get the book shelves made and a simple card system for check out. Then the pages can turn...and turn...and turn. Of course larger quantities would be welcomed, but I wanted to make the shipping affordable. Other ideas are welcome. Thanking you all in advance. love, Dave and Wendy (excuse the typos but the keyboard is set differently for punctuation and I only have a limited amount of time).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb