The Swedish Sexologist


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
November 8th 2008
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The last couple of weeks we had a Norwegian student, Maggie, staying with us. She is doing a course at a small Norwegian college, that has got outposts on various beach resorts around the world (I’m not kidding!). Besides Bali, there is one on Zanzibar and after studying there for a few months, they have to go to a local organisation for a couple of weeks and write a report about it. So Maggie came to Femina and stayed with us in the house, which was a nice addition. She's leaving to go back to her university on Zanzibar today. Now this Swedish sexologist is supposed to come and stay with us for a few days as house guest!
That is, before I am to go on this sexuality training myself. Femina is holding this five day sexuality workshop once a year for new staff and some other people. This year it was to include representatives from some Tanzanian partner organisations and from other associates of the Soul City partnership from all over Southern Africa. It was going to take place at Kunduchi Beach Hotel, a very nice complex in an Arabic-meets-Swahili architecture on the Northern Beach, half an hour out of Dar. I hadn’t been unfamiliar to the place, as we already had a three day planning workshop for our print magazines there last week. So the option of spending some more time at Kunduchi with its lovely pool and gorgeous setting was tempting enough to take part in the workshop…
It turned now out the Swedish sexologist isn’t going to stay with us after all now, as he apparently wants to stay closer to the night live for the weekend! In my mind I started to wonder, what this guy would be like and what the training would be all about!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb