Day 225 - Bus, Bus, Bus


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
February 12th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Not a great deal to say about today apart from that we got up at 3:30am and then spent about 12 hours on the truck. We did get the back seat though which partly mitigated the misery, and passed the time firstly mocking Karen's new book "Your Best Year Yet" before then writing our own best year yet plans. There were a few things going on outside, including an incredibly lush landscape. We saw the outline of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, but cloud stopped us from seeing it properly. On a different note, we were glad not to see a woman's corpse an hour out of Dar es Salaam - our driver wasn't so fortunate and said she'd been hit by a car. Thankfully we were all asleep at the time. Driving through small towns we saw plenty of black albinos, which in the nicest possible way are quite a sight - all the usual black features but extremely white (and unsuitable for their location) skin.

When we got to Arusha we drove to the campsite at Meserani Snake Park. The bar here was good enough to provide sockets with several power boards and without much exaggeration probably 100 electrical devices charging at once. They were also good enough to provide a dartboard which crucially came WITH DARTS (up to this point the count was: dartboards 4, darts zero). So we had a few games of killer, or at least a polite form of the game - for some reason people were reluctant to actually go through with the killing aspect of the (very long) game!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 105; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb