Day 224 - How could she resist?


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Zanzibar City
February 11th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we began the journey back to Stone Town. Being a Sunday we were expecting a long wait for a Dala Dala but got lucky and one turned up after about 3 minutes. This one was a small minibus and there were already over 20 people on board but someone they made room for us and remarkably we even got a seat. The journey takes a little under 2 hours but that was enough time for us to be stopped 3 times by the police for speeding and overcrowding misdemenours. Gemma also spotted a very rare sight - a Manchester City top for sale outside a shop. Of course, what we mean by this is that they are rarely seen for sale because they've normally all been keenly snapped up.

Back in Stone Town we returned to the Passing Show for another excellent lunch before boarding the boat back to Dar es Salaam with the rest of our group. The crossing was very rough and could have made us feel a bit queasy, but luckily we spent most of the trip back laughing once we heard that the late-forties chap who up to now had been on our truck (and who wears a baseball cap back-to-front and who would not be described as resembling an oil painting) had rather melodramatically (and naffly?) propositioned the attractive 25 year old Australian girl who is our Tour Leader. A superb story, and one that taught us all how to laugh again. (NB For the avoidance of any doubt, it was unrequited love.)

Back at the campsite almost everyone went to bed early as we were getting up at 3:30am the next morning. Ed and 2 others waited up until quite late waiting for cameras and things to re-charge, coining the modern day equivalent of "a watched pot never boils" in the process.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 24; qc: 103; dbt: 0.1276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb