Teaching English ????????


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Centre » Dodoma
August 5th 2012
Published: July 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Teachers?Teachers?Teachers?

Introducing ourselves to the students
One of the highlights of our visit to Msalato was being asked to stand up in front of a Diploma class and talk about ourselves. At first we thought we had been asked to "Introduce" ourselves to the class but we soon discovered that what was meant was for us to talk about our Christian lives and about life in Australia, we had to speak, unrehearsed, for about 40 minutes and then answer questions - something neither of us had ever done before.

We suppose that the teachers thought that if the students could understand someone with a broad English accent at the same time as listening to someone with an Australian accent and then ask sensible questions about what they had heard, then they were doing well in English.

What a great experience for us both, speaking for such a long time and not knowing if you were making sense or being understood. When we asked for questions we were amazed at the number and level of questions asked.

This is a process we were asked to repeat on 3 occasions during the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb