Darfur Genocide


Advertisement
Sudan's flag
Africa » Sudan » West
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Darfur Genocide is the slaughter and rape that is happening in northeastern Africa, or the western Sudan area of Africa. All this slaughtering and rape started on 2003 and is till happening now. It is considered the first genocide in the 21st century. Janjaweed ‘devils on horseback’ destroy many villages and darfurians by burning villages, polluting their water sources, and murdering, raping, and torturing civilians. So far more than 480,000 people have been killed and 2.8 million people have been displaced, and these numbers are growing day by day. The Janjaweed attack the Darfuri villages by bombing them then to all the men, women and children who are still in the village are either killed, or forced to flee the village. Some women and children get raped, some of the food stocks in the village get burned down, and some of the livestock are stolen. The US declared this problem as genocide on September 9, 2004. Some countries are doing anything possible to stop this violence and the United Nations authorized to about 26,000 peacekeepers to try to stop the violence in Darfur.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb