Holy Safari Grail Pt 2 - Lions Mating


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
August 14th 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -30.5595, 22.9375

part two of great day These nexts three entries may be a bit confusing. Drove the road from Lower Sabie to Satara with s tops along the road for the leopard in the tree and the lions mating. Trying to make it coherent so see if we did a good job!

We saw cars jammed up at 9:35 and asked what people were seeing. The gentleman told us, "lions but you cannot see them". We drove up and turned around and they sat up and they were moving together, obviously to us a mating pair. Watched them up until they decided to lay down and then headed on into camp to set up.

Got ourselves set up and headed back to see if we could still find the lions. We had fixed ourselves a nice salad to eat while we were enjoying the lions. Luck would have it...........we found the lions and then settled in for the afternoon to watch them.

We spent the afternoon with these lions watching as they would sit up, twitch a tail, yawn, etc and then lay back down. Unfortunately during all this excitement, a safari vehicle bumped our car while we were all watching.

Patrick, the driver, of the vehicle did not want to give us the company papers, management name, etc and did give us his phone number but we did take a picture of the back of his vehicle, his picture, and we will see what will happen.

After watching for a couple of hours, two young guys came up behind us and spotted another male lion watching the proceedings. Not quite sure what it's function was in the scheme of things. Some people came up and told us lions had killed a kudu about five kilometres from where we were. Decided to drive on and see what we could see. Did not see anything and so headed back to see what was happening with the lions.

Back to the lions and they had decided to move and were out on the road with a semicircle of cars the other side of them watching. We drove up and they moved over and walked in front of our car and mated and then he could tell she was ot ready for any more action so sat down. We decided we needed to head back to camp and had a nice evening at the Mugg and Bean before heading to bed to get ready for another day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb