The Ostrich, The Stork, and the African Hawk Eagle


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
August 15th 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -30.5595, 22.9375

Up and decided to drive the Timbavati road. This had been one of our favorite roads to travel last year when we were here. Drove past the dam and did not see much so continued on our way. The car in front of us put on the brakes and we did the same and two lions crissed the road. We could not see exactly what they were moving away from but soon disappeared from view.

There was quite a bit of general game moving about as we traveled along. We saw a male and female ostrich who seemed to be watching us. Saw two rhino, a tawny eagle, two bateleurs and some vultures.

Stopped at the breakfast area to check things out and then back to camp.For our afternoon drive decided to go down the Old Main Road and on to Guzdani Road to see if we could
see any cheetah. Saw some kori bustards, male and female saddlebill stork as we drove along. As we headed down the road saw massive herds of zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, elephants, impala, and waterbuck. Looked very magical as we watched them.

Drove the S100 to see if we could find any action. Went to the overlook where we had seen our first big lion encounter many years ago. There was a Hawk Eagle working in the shallows and then there was another one. As we came back to the gate there were two black backed jackal who appeared to be hunting for something. another nice day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb