Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
October 1st 2014
Published: October 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Arrive safely in Cape Town, weather is lovely and warm with a nice breeze. Monday spent wandering around Cape Town, down Long Street which is famous for is Africa music and bars with markets tucked away around every corner. Got a real good vibe! Yesterday we drove down the coast to Hermanus to do some whale watching, we stood on the cliffs as they come right up to the shore line. We saw a mother and calf really close and a couple of others in the distance. It was lovely to see them but what I really wanted was for them to breech out of the water, Baz says I'm never satisfied!! Hey Ho. Today we are just chillin out, going to sit by the pool, read and go out for a wander later on. Photo is of Table Mountain and it's the view from our hotel room, awesome! Spent the afternoon and evening at Camps Bay, a very up market town with lots of fab bars and restaurants. It has hosted the likes of Prince Harry, Leonardo Di Caprio to name but a couple, it's a beautiful place, turquoise seas, mountains and the sunshine, it's hard to know what there is to dislike. Photo of the sunset. Tomorrow we move into the mountains to a place called Tulbagh, the oldest town in South Africa which was devasted by earth quakes in 1969 and has been completely rebuilt, really looking forward to a different pace.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb