Plettenberg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
January 28th 2012
Published: January 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After we left the winelands two days ago we spent the day on a long drive and ended up in Mossel Bay. A bit industrial but the bay was pretty and the guesthouse lovely. We had an unusually bad meal of Sushi but after the over indulgence of the previous two days it was not a bad thing that we didn't finish our meal.



The next day we set off early and drove to Oudtshoon. We didn't have a lot of time - just enough to visit an Ostrich farm and take lots of pictures. We carried out to George where we visited the transport museum which was good fun actually. We then went to Knysna which is really pretty where we stopped for lunch. We should have stayed here rather than Mossel Bay...



We finally checked into the Plettenberg hotel which is rather stunning. The hotel (like all other accomodation owners we have stayed with) have been informed that we are celebrating our first year wedding anniversary so when we returned from dinner we found our room to be COVERED in rose petals, a hot bath drawn (with lots more petals) and a heart made of petals on the bed - so cute!!



Today we finally had a lazy day - our section of the hotel has a separate pool overlooking the sea (literally - as the pool overhangs the side of the cliff) so we spent the whole day just sitting by the pool, reading, sipping cocktails and being generally lazy...



Right... it's time for a dip... ta ra

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb