Wine Tasting


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Stellenbosch
January 2nd 2006
Published: January 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We all piled into Tracy's kombi one sunny day in lovely South Africa and embarked on our mini tour of Stellenbosch. We arrived at the Bekkersdal winery where we watched a movie about all of that stuff that has do with wine. All that I can remember is that it is good for vines to grow on slopes, not too sure why though?! It is a well put together place with a fantastic break down of all the wines that they produce and market. I think the best thing about it was simply the fact that it was the same place where all Amarula Cream is made. Oh how I love that stuff. It is so fantastic to sit back and sip on some Amarula over ice. Heaven in a bucket. I offered the lady money and some favours to take a tour but she would have nothing of it. Afterwards we went to the Morgenhof estate. AMAZING. So beautiful. It truly is. For R10 we could pretty much try as many of the wines as we wanted, over and over again. I very much enjoyed the Reserve. I also had some Rooibos tea and a scone with jam and cream. I miss my scones with jam and cream in the states. We then went to Kanon Kop winery for a few dops. Very nice place, superb wines and the young lady behind the counter was oddly and mysteriously very very attractive. She turned out to be the estate owners daughter.
All in all it was a very pleasant day well spent with good friends and nothing to show for it but some purple stains upon my teeth.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Myself, Ryan and MikeMyself, Ryan and Mike
Myself, Ryan and Mike

The boys donning our SA cricket shirts.


Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb